Domestic Electrical Installation and Testing
MMV Contracting Limited are certified with and accredited to NAPIT for the provision of electrical installation and testing works and can therefore carry out these works for you and arrange the necessary certification and notifications to local councils for building control – at a fraction of the cost that you would be charged for requesting these same services of certification and notification of your local council.
In addition, we are and have been for some time now members of the Trustmark scheme. TrustMark is the only Government endorsed scheme for trades in and around the home. They award registered firms with our accreditation after thorough vetting and on-site inspections to ensure the firm is raising industry standards.
This accreditation gives customers reassurance of quality and protection from rogue traders. TrustMark is the only ‘find a tradesperson’ scheme to cover all 3 cornerstones of quality:
- Good Trading Practises
- Good Customer Service
- Technical Competence
Some of our services
- Repairs to lighting
- Additional sockets
- Extending circuits
- Complete home rewire
- Upgrade of circuit boards
- Garden lighting
- External sockets
- Electric Vehicle charging points
- Electrical testing in readiness for sale
Part P came into effect in England and Wales on 1 January 2005 and applies to works;
- In or attached to a dwelling
- In the common parts of buildings serving one or more dwellings, but excluding power supplies to lifts
- In a building that receives its electricity from a source located within or shared with a dwelling, and
- In a garden or in or on land associate with a building where the electricity supply is from a source located within or shared with a dwelling
The term dwelling includes houses, maisonettes and flats. It also applies to electrical installations in business premises that share an electricity supply with dwellings, such as shops and public houses with a flat above.
The common parts of buildings includes access areas in blocks of flats such as hallways and shared amenities in blocks of flats such as laundries and gymnasiums.
Part P applies to electrical installations located in outbuildings such as detached garages, sheds and greenhouses along with parts of electrical installations located on land around dwellings such as garden lighting. Part P applies to electrical installations that operate at voltages not exceeding 1000 V a.c.
Notifiable work includes new installations, house re-wires, and the installation of new circuits.
Notifiable work also includes additions to existing circuits in kitchens, bathrooms, outdoors and in other special locations.
Benefits of correctly completed Part P Works;
- Compliance with Health &Safety regulations
- Compliance with Building Regulations
- Compliance with insurance